Beginning today, we’re inviting submissions for original cover art for our winter issue, which is scheduled for publication at the end of January. We’re open to photography, of course, but also to other forms of visual art. If you’re interested in submitting, please keep in mind the mission of the journal–we publish work “that explores, celebrates, interrogates, and/or problematizes the relationship between human beings and the natural world”–and please keep in mind that our issues tend to reflect, in some way, the season.
Here are a few particular requirements for submissions:
- Send up to three images at a time.
- The cover dimensions are 5 inches wide by 7 inches tall.
- Submissions should be high-quality JPG files of at least 1500 x 2100 pixels.
- Submissions should include space for the journal’s title and issue information to appear at the top or bottom of the cover.
- If we select your work for the cover, we’ll ask that you grant us the same rights that we ask for in our regular submissions.
To see the cover art we’ve featured in the past, check out our Archives page. And if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know.
With that said, we look forward to seeing your submissions!